Software details, features and how to purchase
COLUMN SHAPES may be specified by using predefined, standard geometrical shapes commonly used for bridges, or by specifying coordinates for an arbitrarily shaped symmetrical cross section. Voids may also be included when coordinates are used to describe the cross section.
REBAR PATTERNS are specified by using predefined rebar configurations commonly used for reinforced concrete columns or by specifying the coordinates for each bar. Coordinates for the rebar pattern are generated automatically from a minimum amount of input data.
SOLUTION TYPES in the program include: 1) "Analyze", 2) "Design", and 3) "Check". "Analyze" is used to compute the coordinates of an interaction surface in the first quadrant for planes in 15 degree increments. "Design" is used to determine the amount of reinforcing steel area required for the selected Design Specification (AASHTO LFD/LRFD or Caltrans LFD/LRFD). "Check" is used to check the adequacy of the designed column for the Design Specification selected and to perform a inelastic hinging analysis.WinRECOL analyzes, designs or checks a reinforced concrete column. The program has the option to choose one of the following design specifications:
- CLFD = Caltrans Bridge Design Specification LFD, September 2004, with Revisions
- ALFD = AASHTO Bridge Design Specification LFD, Sixteenth, Edition 1996, 1998 Interims and Division I-A Sesimic Design Article
- LRFD = AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specification, Seventh Edition 2014 ( Sixth Edition 2012 with Caltrans Amendments AASHTO - CA BDS - 6)
MOMENT MAGNIFICATION for slenderness is determined in the analysis via the AASHTO or Caltrans moment magnification procedure specified in Article 22.214.171.124.2
GRAPHICAL DISPLAY of the column cross section, along with Moment Interaction diagrams at 15 degree intervals can be displayed after an analysis or check has been performed.Please send all inquires to Koung Thao at KThao@trcsolutions.com
Our Software Selection
WinSEISAB is an analysis tool that allows the bridge engineer to keep pace with developments in seismic design of bridges.
WinABUD designs or checks a reinforced concrete abutment using the 1996 AASHTO with Interims and Revisions by Caltrans.
WinRECOL analyzes, designs or checks a reinforced concrete columns.
WinFAD is a computer program developed to assist the bridge engineer in designing or checking spread and pile concrete footings subjected to eccentrically applied axial loads that produce biaxial bending moments.
WinBDS analyzes or designs orthogonal bridge frames and is applicable to the majority of concrete bridges being designed today.
CAPP is a fully functional 2-D pushover program with unique and unprecedented analytical and modeling capabilities.
AVI FILE CREATOR allows the user to create computer animation of the section under the applied loading while simultaneously showing a graph of the response.
- Windows Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Analyze, Design and Check Columns
- AASHTO LFD/LRFD or Caltrans LFD/LRFD Design Criteria available
- Ultimate Strength Theory
- English or Metric Capability for Input and Output
- Arbitray Symmetrical Shapes, Standard Cross Sections and Voided Cross Sections
- Arbitrary or Predefined Rebar Patterns
- Interaction Diagram Plots
- Moment Magnification for Slenderness
- Spiral Reinforcement for Inelastic Hinging
- Load Modifier Factors for ductility, redundancy & importance (AASHTO 126.96.36.199)
- VERSION UPDATED: Added calculation of plastic shear for each plastic moment direction for WinFAD input file(*.fad)
- VERSION UPDATED: ALRFD Str-II include PL & BR, CLRFD Str-II DO NOT include PL & BR
- VERSION UPDATED: CLRFD CR & SH always max=1.50 & min=.90 for Str-Iv
Software Requirements and Ordering Information
- 512MB RAM
- 5MB of free hard drive space needed for WinRECOL
- Software media
- On-line Help System
- 30 Day Free Support
Customer Support includes:
- Customer assistance by fax,telephone and e-mail.
- Assistance in data preparation and interpretation of results.