Software details, features and how to purchase
Overview WinFAD is a computer program developed to assist the bridge engineer in designing or checking spread and pile concrete footings subjected to eccentrically applied axial loads that produce biaxial bending moments. Acceptable spread footing sizes and pile patterns are quickly and efficiently determined using WinFAD. After the engineer selects footing plan dimensions, WinFAD determines footing thickness and areas of reinforcing steel which satisfy design specification requirements. Individual loads are entered at the service level.
AASHTO LOAD GROUPS I THROUGH VI are included in the group combinations. Individual loads, input at the service level, are factored and combined in accordance with the AASHTO group combinations for Load Factor Design. Live loadings which produce maxima for each of the two bending moments and the axial load are further subdivided into 3 cases for Load Combination Groups, I, III, IV and VI.
SEISMIC DESIGN is in accordance with AASHTO Standard Specifications for Seismic Design of Highway Bridges or Caltrans Specifications for Group VII Loading.
ARBITRARY LOADS defined by the user are easily included in the family of loadings.DESIGN RESULTS:
WinFAD calculates the areas of reinforcing steel required based on the following criteria:
- Satisfy crack control requirements
- Moment produced by LFD or LRFD factored loads
- Moment produced by Seismic loads
- 1.20 times cracking moment
- 1.33 times area required for analysis
- 0.75 times balanced reinforcement ratio
- Maximum bar spacing of 18 inches
- Minimum AASHTO bar spacing
- Preferred Caltrans minimum bar spacing
- Maximum bar spacing of 18 inches
- Inadequate development length
Our Software Selection
WinSEISAB is an analysis tool that allows the bridge engineer to keep pace with developments in seismic design of bridges.
WinABUD designs or checks a reinforced concrete abutment using the 1996 AASHTO with Interims and Revisions by Caltrans.
WinRECOL analyzes, designs or checks a reinforced concrete columns.
WinFAD is a computer program developed to assist the bridge engineer in designing or checking spread and pile concrete footings subjected to eccentrically applied axial loads that produce biaxial bending moments.
WinBDS analyzes or designs orthogonal bridge frames and is applicable to the majority of concrete bridges being designed today.
CAPP is a fully functional 2-D pushover program with unique and unprecedented analytical and modeling capabilities.
AVI FILE CREATOR allows the user to create computer animation of the section under the applied loading while simultaneously showing a graph of the response.
- Windows Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- AASHTO LFD/LRFD and Caltrans LFD/LRFD Design Specification options
- Design and Check Footings
- AASHTO Load Factor Requirements
- English or Metric Capability for Input and Output
- Spread or Pile Footings
- Seismic Design Criteria
- Footing Depth Calculated
- Steel Reinforcement Requirements Calculated
- Pile Layout and Plot
- VERSION UPDATED: Added load modifier factors for ductility, redundance & importance(LRFD 220.127.116.11)
- VERSION UPDATED: Added calculation of gross nominal beaing capacity and permissible net contact stress(settlement) by LRFD "effective width" method
- VERSION UPDATED: Added WinFAD import Excel spreadsheet template
- VERSION UPDATED: Added LRFD calculation of shrinkage & temperature reinforcement.(LRFD 5.10.8)
- VERSION UPDATED: Added calculation of shear effective depth(LRFD 18.104.22.168) LRFD shear Phi = .90(LRFD 22.214.171.124) LFD shear Phi = .85
- VERSION UPDATED: Incorporated (LRFD 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52.1 simplified procedure)
- VERSION UPDATED: Added LRFD 184.108.40.206 calculation of band width and uniform distrubution of moment reinforcement in short footing direction
- VERSION UPDATED: Added calculation of Pnet(net increase in demand load) Pnet = Pgross - Poverburden Pgross= PLL+DL + Pcover + Pfooting
Software Requirements and Ordering Information
- PC with Pentium Processor
- 16MB RAM (32MB of RAM recommended)
- 5MB of free hard drive space needed for WinFAD
- Software media
- On-line Help System
- 30 Day Free Support
Customer Support includes:
- Customer assistance by fax,telephone and e-mail.
- Assistance in data preparation and interpretation of results.